"The glamour of the East had cast its spell upon him; the mystery of lands in which no white man had set foot since the beginning of things had fired his imagination; the itch of travel was upon him, goading him to restlessness"

Thursday 9 September 2010

THIS IS ENGLAND 86'

YES ITS BACK!


Tuesday saw the first instalment of channel 4s tv Drama THIS IS ENGLAND '86. I don’t know anyone who wasn’t talking about it or excited to watch it! 

 Being a fan of 'THIS IS ENGLAND' the movie directed by Shane Meadows, I couldn’t wait to see what was in store for the skin head gang 3 years on.  Even the advert was enough to get me hooked. That amazing song ‘Geno’ by Dexys midnight runners says it all…


In a time of recession, lack of jobs, Maggie Thatcher and of course the BEST STYLE  and FASHION around, there was a sense of the world at a turning point.

Although I don’t personally dress in that style, I must say the Mod Culture look of their time is definitely my favourite. Working as the stylist for this drama series would be my ultimate dream! I must find out who the fashion director is… If you missed last weeks episode,  you’re a fool! And must catch up ready for the second episode.

Candy Floss pink hair and Androgynous females dressed head to toe in Burberry and Fred Perry. yes please. 

Anyone with the fashion bug will be greatly inspired, I know I am! 

Just look at this line up! what more could you want from fashion? 
Its clear where Liam Gallagher gets his style from. good lad.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!