"The glamour of the East had cast its spell upon him; the mystery of lands in which no white man had set foot since the beginning of things had fired his imagination; the itch of travel was upon him, goading him to restlessness"

Thursday 9 September 2010

My very first post!

Ok, after toying with the idea of writing a blog all summer, i have finally decided to get to it and give it a go! (thanks to my friend Laura!) 

So to get you up to speed with things, and to kick off my new blog in style, heres what you've missed! : 

In June i packed my rucksack and ventured off to South East Asia for 6 weeks, soaking up the culture, fashion, lifestyle and amazing views of Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam and Thailand. I took over 2,000 photos, i'l keep it short and show you a couple of my favorites.  

Ankgor Wat. Cambodia 

Cambodian Orphan


Vietnamese homes 


The fortune tellers bridge (my blogs inspiration!) 

The market of my dreams in Vietnam 

The palace of my dreams! (a place to keep all the jewels i buy at the market!) 

TUBING! Vang VIeng, LAOS. the most amazing place on earth <3


Laos Whiskey...! Oh yes, very fashionable!


Paradise on Phi Phi. The land of Thai 

So in a few select pictures and choice words, you have my South East Asian Adventure!... Take me back? 

................................................................

What else have i been up to with these 4 long months off uni? 

Well i worked here for a bit: 
Work Experience at ZOO magazine (im a bit of a sucker for lads mags!) Worked with legendary stylist and pr director Rich Evans on shoots for the magazine. i love his work so was a privilege and an exciting opportunity


And here for a bit: 
Work Experience at FHM magazine. Assisting the team at FHM and working with the fashion and picture desks on shoots for this months issue of the magazine! yes... i saw some naked bits, sipped on free cocktails and drowned in the fashion cupboard, not a bad couple of weeks! 

And finally here: 
 
Graduate Fashion Week 2010.Heres a closer glimpse at my favorite collections from that week


Looking sharp in black and white


Boxing glove 'gloves'


Chunky knitwear 



'Snap' 


rainy days 


back stage dressing 


One of the winning collections. (my fave!!!) 


My other favorite. Grey and lemon yellow, inspiration: LDN


AND... look who i bumped in to!? 
oh Viv <3

To find out more about the inspiring young designers and there collections that graced the stage at Graduate Fashion Week 2010 go to : http://www.gfw.org.uk/home.aspx

..................................................................

You should be up to speed now.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!